"We have had a bad experience with this company (or a person, may be) unfortunately.
We booked them for a garden cleaning job. An accident happened where a little stone stroke and broke a big glass door. As it was an accident, we know they are not liable to pay, nor we can claim from their insurance. We don’t have a big problem here. What bothered was how they dealt with the situation.
1. They did not feel a bit apologetic a mistake happened and did not try and explain they are not liable. They did not make an effort to console the situation a bit.
2. They stopped the job straight away, left the job unfinished, and never came back.
3. They said they have public liability insurance with SimplyBusiness, left a policy number. Ignorant of the laws, we phoned SimplyBusiness and they said the number does not match the business name and they cannot do anything.
4. My wife (who booked them in) called them, messaged them about the incorrect policy number, and there wasn’t any reply.
5. While they were still there, my wife took a picture of their van number. The guy sweared at her “Why the f*** are you taking a picture?”. May be it was too much that she took a picture, but the swearing was derogatory and unnecessary.
6. I called them from another number the same day. They guy on the other side first denied they attended any job in our area. When I gave further details and the broken glass, he said he does not remember any such incident. When I politely asked him to come back and finish the job and that I will not hold them against the broken door, he then said he remembers everything!
All of this gave us an impression that they are not very professional when there is a bad situation and has the potential to verbally abuse the clients (as you can see from above). For the verbal abuse, I'm going to approach a solicitor, whether or not we win it.
All through, I swear on my job, we dealt with them very politely. No yelling and no holding them against the problem. What we got back is a total ill-treatment. It is okay we cannot claim it from them or from their insurance, but no Client deserves a bad treatment like this."